The Neighboring Food Co-op Association includes more than 35 food co-ops and start-up initiatives across New England and New York State (Click here to view map). Together, our members co-ops are locally owned by more than 150,000 people like you, generate annual revenue of $340 million, sell more than $93 million annually from local producers, employ over 2,300 people, and donate over $1 million to community organizations (2018).
Our Massachusetts members include 11 food co-ops and start-up initiatives, locally owned by more than 17,645 people, and operating 7 community grocery stores. In 2018, more that 1,500 people joined Massachusetts food co-ops, demonstrating growing interest in healthy food, co-operative enterprise, and a more inclusive economy. Together, these co-ops employ more than 360 people, generate $45.7 million in revenue, sell $13 million in local products (2018).
For more information on your Neighboring Food Co-ops in Massachusetts, visit the links below:
- Assabet Village Co-op Market, Maynard (Start-Up)
- Common Share Food Co-op, Amherst (Start-Up)
- Dorchester Communty Food Co-op, Dorchester (Start-Up)
- Green Fields Co-op Market (Franklin Community Co-op), Greenfield
- Leverett Village Food Co-op, Leverett
- McCusker’s Co-op Market (Franklin Community Co-op), Shelburne Falls
- Merrimack Valley Food Co-op, Haverhill (Start-Up)
- Old Creamery Co-op, Cummington
- Quabbin Harvest Food Co-op, Orange
- River Valley Co-op Market, Northampton
- Wild Oats Co-op Market, Williamstown