The Neighboring Food Co-op Association includes more than 40 food co-ops and start-up initiatives across New England and New York State, locally owned by more than 164,000 people like you (Click here to view map). Together, our member co-ops generate annual revenue of almost $382 million, employ over 2,460 people, and sell more than $101 million in local products, averaging 27% of total sales across all member co-ops. Last year, about 12,000 people joined our member food coops, helping to build more healthy, just, and sustainable food system and a more inclusive economy for everyone (2020).
Our Massachusetts members include 6 food co-ops and 3 startup initiatives, locally owned by over 21,580 members. Together, they employ more than 340 people, generate over $49 million in annual revenue, and sell more than $11.5 million in local products. Last year, more than 1,315 people in Massachusetts joined our member co-ops in the state, sharing in the ownership of their local grocery store (2020).
For more information on your Neighboring Food Co-ops in Massachusetts, visit the links below:
- Assabet Co-op Market, Maynard (Start-Up)
- Common Share Food Co-op, Amherst (Start-Up)
- Dorchester Community Food Co-op, Dorchester (Start-Up)
- Green Fields Co-op Market (Franklin Community Co-op), Greenfield
- Leverett Village Food Co-op, Leverett
- McCusker’s Co-op Market (Franklin Community Co-op), Shelburne Falls
- Old Creamery Co-op, Cummington
- Quabbin Harvest Food Co-op, Orange
- River Valley Co-op, Easthampton (Open July 2021!)
- River Valley Co-op, Northampton
- Wild Oats Co-op Market, Williamstown