The Neighboring Food Co-op Association includes more than 40 Food Co-ops and Start-ups across New England and New York State, locally owned by more than 173,000 people like you (Click here for a map of your local co-ops). Together, our co-ops generate annual revenue of over $425 million, employ 2,465 people, and sell more than $112 million in local products. On average, local products make up 25% of total sales across all NFCA member co-ops. Last year, over 12,690 people joined our member food co-ops, helping to build more healthy, just, and sustainable food system and a more inclusive economy for everyone (2022).
Our Massachusetts members include 6 Food Co-ops and 4 Start-Ups, locally owned by over 28,800 members and operating 8 storefronts. Together, they employ 400 people, generate over $64.3 million in annual revenue, and sell more than $16 million in local products. Last year, more than 3,350 people joined our member co-ops in Massachusetts, sharing in the ownership of their local grocery store (2022).
For more information on your Neighboring Food Co-ops in Massachusetts, visit the links below:
- Assabet Co-op Market, Maynard (Opening in 2023!)
- Charles River Food Co-op, Watertown (Start-up)
- Common Share Food Co-op, Amherst (Start-Up)
- Dorchester Community Food Co-op, Dorchester (Opening in 2023!)
- Green Fields Co-op Market (Franklin Community Co-op), Greenfield
- Leverett Village Food Co-op, Leverett
- McCusker’s Co-op Market (Franklin Community Co-op), Shelburne Falls
- Old Creamery Co-op, Cummington
- Quabbin Harvest Food Co-op, Orange
- River Valley Co-op, Easthampton
- River Valley Co-op, Northampton
- Wild Oats Co-op Market, Williamstown