The Neighboring Food Co-op Association includes more than 40 food co-ops and start-up initiatives across New England and New York State, locally owned by more than 164,000 people like you (Click here to view map). Together, our member co-ops generate annual revenue of almost $382 million, employ over 2,460 people, and sell more than $101 million in local products, averaging 27% of total sales across all member co-ops. Last year, about 12,000 people joined our member food coops, helping to build more healthy, just, and sustainable food system and a more inclusive economy for everyone (2020).
Our New York members include 4 food co-ops and 3 startup initiatives, locally owned by over 24,800 members and operating 6 storefronts. Together, they employ more than 290 people, generate over $43.1 million in annual revenue, and sell more than $8 million in local products. Last year, over 2,970 people in New York State joined our member co-ops in the state, sharing in the ownership of their local grocery store (2020).
For more information your Neighboring Food Co-ops in New York, visit the
- Cambridge Food Co-op, Cambridge, NY
- Electric City Food Co-op, Schenectady, NY (Startup)
- Flatbush Food Co-op, Brooklyn, NY
- GreenStar Co-op Markets, Ithaca, NY
- High Falls Food Co-op, High Falls, NY (Joined 2021)
- Kingston Food Co-op, Kingston, NY (Startup)
- Newburgh Co-op Market, Newburgh, NY (Startup)