The Neighboring Food Co-op Association includes more than 40 food co-ops and start-up initiatives across New England and New York State, locally owned by more than 168,000 people like you (Click here to view map). Together, our member co-ops generate annual revenue of over $395 million, employ 2,450 people, and sell more than $100 million in local products. On average, local products make up 25% of total sales across all NFCA member co-ops. Last year, over 14,000 people joined our member food co-ops, helping to build more healthy, just, and sustainable food system and a more inclusive economy for everyone (2021).
Our New York members include 4 Food Co-ops and 3 Start-Up initiatives, locally owned by over 25,650 members and operating 6 storefronts. Together, they employ more than 270 people, generate nearly $44.6 million in annual revenue, and sell more than $8.4 million in local products. Last year, over 3,100 people in New York State joined our member co-ops in the state, sharing in the ownership of their local grocery store (2021).
For more information your Neighboring Food Co-ops in New York, visit the
- Cambridge Food Co-op, Cambridge, NY
- Electric City Food Co-op, Schenectady, NY (Startup)
- Flatbush Food Co-op, Brooklyn, NY
- GreenStar Co-op Markets, Ithaca, NY
- High Falls Food Co-op, High Falls, NY (Joined 2021)
- Kingston Food Co-op, Kingston, NY (Startup)
- Newburgh Co-op Market, Newburgh, NY (Startup)
- Port Jervis Food Co-op, Port Jervis, NY (Startup)