The Neighboring Food Co-op Association includes more than 35 food co-ops and start-up initiatives across New England and New York State, locally owned by more than 152,000 people like you (Click here to view map). Together, our member co-ops generate annual revenue of almost $347 million, employ over 2,350 people, and sell more than $93 million in local products. Last year, 12,000 people joined their local food co-op, helping to build more healthy, just, and sustainable food system and a more inclusive economy for everyone (2019).
Our Vermont members include 11 food co-ops and 2 startup initiatives, locally owned by over 48,400 people and operating 13 storefronts (14 if you include New Hampshire’s Co-op Food Stores White River Junction location). Together, they employ more than 960 people, generate over $133 million in annual revenue, and sell more than $46 million in local products. Last year, 4,350 people in Vermont joined their local food co-ops, sharing in the ownership of their local grocery store (2019).
For more information on your Neighboring Food Co-ops in Vermont, visit the links below.
- Brattleboro Food Co-op, Brattleboro
- Buffalo Mountain Food Co-op, Hardwick
- Caldonia Food Co-op, St. Johnsbury (Startup)
- City Market / Onion River Co-op, Downtown & South End Burlington
- Co-op Food Stores, White River Junction
- Granite City Co-op, Barre (Start-Up)
- Hunger Mountain Co-op, Montpelier
- Middlebury Natural Foods Co-op, Middlebury
- Morrisville Food Co-op, Morrisville
- Plainfield Food Co-op, Plainfield
- Putney Food Co-op, Putney
- Rutland Area Food Co-op, Rutland
- Springfield Food Co-op, Springfield
- Upper Valley Food Co-op, White River Junction