The Neighboring Food Co-op Association includes more than 35 food co-ops and start-up initiatives across New England and New York State (Click here to view map). Together, our members co-ops are locally owned by more than 150,000 people like you, generate annual revenue of $340 million, sell more than $93 million annually from local producers, employ over 2,300 people, and donate over $1 million to community organizations (2018).
Our Vermont members include 14 food co-ops start-up initiatives, locally owned by more than 49,680 people, and operating 14 storefronts (15 if you include New Hampshire’s Co-op Food Stores’ White River Junction location). In 2018, 4,600 people joined these co-ops, demonstrating growing interest in healthy food, co-operative enterprise, and a more inclusive economy. Together, our Vermont member co-ops employ more than 900 people, generate $136.5 million in revenue, and sell over $43 million in local products (2018).
For more information on your Neighboring Food Co-ops in Vermont, visit the links below.
- Brattleboro Food Co-op, Brattleboro
- Buffalo Mountain Food Co-op, Hardwick
- City Market / Onion River Co-op, Downtown & South End Burlington
- Co-op Food Stores, White River Junction
- Dottie’s Discount, Brattleboro (Brattleboro Food Co-op)
- Granite City Co-op, Barre (Start-Up)
- Hunger Mountain Co-op, Montpelier
- Middlebury Natural Foods Co-op, Middlebury
- Morrisville Food Co-op, Morrisville
- Plainfield Food Co-op, Plainfield
- Putney Food Co-op, Putney
- Rutland Area Food Co-op, Rutland
- Springfield Food Co-op, Springfield
- Upper Valley Food Co-op, White River Junction