On May 16, 2020, over 35 organizers from 11 Startup food co-ops across New England & New York gathered virtually for the Neighboring Food Co-op Association’s (NFCA) Fifth Northeast Startup Day, organized in collaboration with our partners at Food Co-op Initiative (FCI). Special thanks to Jacqueline Hannah of FCI for helping us put together a rockin’ day of peer learning.
Thanks also to our friends at Cabot Creamery Co-operative, Cooperative Development Foundation, Food Co-op Initiative, and Monadnock Food Co-op for supporting the next generation of food co-ops building community power in the Northeast. Three cheers for y’all, the Startup Food Co-op organizers who are working hard to build power and more healthy, just, and sustainable communities!
Below are resources from the day. Please consider these for internal use by NFCA Member Startups and not for public distribution.
- The Future is Co-operative: Food Co-op Impact Presentation
- Building Our Co-ops: Community Organizing
- NFCA Startup Day Packet 2020
- Putney Mutual Aid Resource Sheet, Putney Mutual Aid
- Jacqueline Hannah, Food Co-op Initiative
- Bonnie Hudspeth, Neighboring Food Co-op Association