The Neighboring Food Co-op Association includes more than 35 food co-ops and start-up initiatives across New England and New York (Click here to view map). Together, our members co-ops are locally owned by more than 120,000 people like you, generate annual revenue of $300 million, purchase more than $60 million annually from local businesses, and employ over 2,000 people (2016).
Our Massachusetts members include 12 food co-ops and start-up initiatives, locally owned by more than 20,000 people, and operating 9 storefronts. In 2016, more that 1,700 people joined Massachusetts food co-ops, demonstrating community interest in healthy food, co-operative enterprise, and a more just and sustainable economy. Together, these co-ops employed more than 435 people and generated $54.5 million in revenue in 2016.
For more information on your Neighboring Food Co-ops in Massachusetts, visit the links below.
- Amherst Community Co-op, Amherst (Start-Up)
- Assabet Village Co-op Market, Maynard (Start-Up)
- Dorchester Communty Food Co-op, Dorchester (Start-Up)
- Green Fields Co-op Market, Greenfield (Franklin Community Co-op)
- Leverett Village Food Co-op, Leverett
- McCusker’s Co-op Market, Shelburne Falls (Franklin Community Co-op)
- Merrimack Valley Food Co-op, Haverhill (Start-Up)
- Old Creamery Co-op, Cummington
- Quabbin Harvest Food Co-op, Orange
- River Valley Co-op Market, Northampton
- Wild Oats Co-op Market, Williamstown