The Neighboring Food Co-op Association includes over 30 member food co-ops and start-up initiatives across New England (Click here to view map). Together, our members co-ops are locally owned by more than 90,000 people, have shared revenues of over $255 million, and employ 1,700 people.
Our Vermont members include 12 food co-ops and 3 start-ups, locally owned by more than 40,000 people, and operating 13 storefronts (14 if you include New Hampshire's Co-op Food Stores' White River Junction location). In 2013 alone, more that 4,500 people joined Vermont member food co-ops, demonstrating consumer interest in healthy food and support of co-operative business. Together, these co-ops employed 775 people and generated $120 million in revenue in 2013.
For more information on your Vermont Neighboring Food Co-ops, visit the links below.
- Brattleboro Food Co-op, Brattleboro
- Buffalo Mountain Food Co-op, Hardwick
- City Market / Onion River Co-op, Burlington
- Co-op Food Stores, White River Junction
- Dottie’s Discount, Brattleboro (Brattleboro Food Co-op)
- Granite City Co-op, Barre (Start-Up)
- Hunger Mountain Co-op, Montpelier
- Middlebury Natural Foods Co-op, Middlebury
- Morrisville Food Co-op, Morrisville (Start-Up)
- Plainfield Food Co-op, Plainfield
- Putney Food Co-op, Putney
- Rutland Area Food Co-op, Rutland
- Southshire Community Co-op Market, Bennington (Start-Up)
- Springfield Food Co-op, Springfield
- Stone Valley Community Co-op Market, Poultney
- Upper Valley Food Co-op, White River Junction