AUTUMN VEGETABLE SOUP
Change of seasons, time to make soup! Try this healthy, easy to make recipe that can be prepared in under 45 minutes.
- 2 tbsp olive oil or Ghee
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 medium potatoes diced
- 1 medium chopped carrot
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 3 cups green beans or 2 10 oz. NFCA frozen (thawed)
- 5 cups chicken (or vegetable) stock
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt – or more depending on taste
- 1/4 tsp dry basil
- dash of thyme
- chopped parsley or dill for garnish
- In a large sauce pan, saute onions, carrots, and celery until onions are translucent.
- Add chicken stock, potatoes, tomatoes, and garlic. Bring to a boil.
- Add salt, pepper, basil, and thyme.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through.
- Add green beans and simmer for about 10 more minutes.
- Serve hot. Garnish with parsley or dill.
MISO STOCK SOUP WITH EDAMAME, CORN & BROCCOLI
There are many ways to prepare Miso Soup. Here is a basic recipe using NFCA frozen veggies.
5 tbsp. miso
1 medium portobella mushroom
3-4 scallions, ¼ inch slices
1 tbsp. fresh ginger root, minced
1 pkg (10 oz) frozen edamame
½ pkg frozen corn
½ pkg frozen broccoli
4 cups water
Boil edamame shells in a saucepan with a teaspoon of salt and enough water to cover for 8 minutes. Drain and shell, keeping the edamame beans.
In a saucepan, add miso, mushrooms, ½ of the scallions, ginger, and water and bring to a boil. Simmer for 8 minutes.
Add corn, broccoli, and edamame to miso broth. Bring back to a boil, simmer for approx. 2 more minutes.
Serve with garnish of remain scallions.