More than 55 Directors from Neighboring Food Co-op Association (NFCA) member co-ops from across the Northeast participated in the Peer Board Gathering hosted by Upper Valley Food Co-op on September 15th, 2018. Special thanks to our sponsoring partners, Cooperative Development Foundation, National Co-operative Bank, and Simple Voting, for supporting this peer networking event.
Below are resources from the day. Please consider these for internal use for NFCA member co-ops and not for public distribution.
Presentations & Resources:
- NFCA Board Director Peer Gathering Presentation
- Sample Newsletter/Board Peer Story
- Board Candidate Application Packet, City Market (with Candidate Education Checklist “Onions”)
- Board Candidate Election Promo, City Market/Onion River Co-op
- Photos from the Gathering: https://www.facebook.com/pg/Neighboring/photos
- Diversity & Inclusion Board Work Follow-up Resources
This presentation from Neighboring Food Co-op Association’s Board Peer Gathering includes tools for engaging members in our shared impact and ideas for integrating the Co-operative Difference into the work of the Board of Directors.
- Moving Beyond White Fragility: Lessons from Standing Rock
- How to Capture the Diversity Dividend
- Leadership and Representational Diversity
- The Sugarcoated Language of White Fragility
- Why Diversity Matters
- Building a Business Case for Diversity and Inclusion
- Compilation of Diversity & Inclusion “Business Case” Research Data
- Forget The ‘Business Case’ For Diversity And Inclusion
- Everyone on Board – Increasing Governing Board Diversity. This video is about school boards, but is overarching when it comes to the message of the value of seeking diversity on boards.
- National Association of Food Co-operative Boards Facebook Page: Patrice posts articles that speak to many issues facing co-ops, including demonstrating the importance of diversity and inclusion.