RVC Our Mission: River Valley Co-op staff members are all empowered ambassadors for our cooperative’s greater mission of creating a just marketplace that nourishes the community. As an organization, we are committed to social justice and developing our anti-racism skills through our diversity, equity, and inclusion program. As a team, we work to leverage grocery retail’s economic impact for positive social change in the food system, our environment, and our community. Our friendly store operations build community and grow our local economy by providing fresh, local, and seasonal products accessible to everyone in our community. Cooperative values and the larger cooperative movement inspire us, and our community-owned business values sustainability in products and practices. We work hard and have fun doing it, we act with honesty, kindness, and respect, and we strive to get better every day.
Position: PRODUCE TEAM MEMBER
Part-time. Requires open availability, including evenings and weekends.
Status: Reports to Produce Assistant Manager
Pay Level: II, non-exempt.
Location: Easthampton, MA
Purpose: Stock and display fresh produce while providing prompt, friendly, helpful customer service to help meet department goals for sales, margin, labor, and customer service.
- Assist customers with product questions and special orders.
- Offer samples and suggestions for purchase and preparation in a friendly, courteous manner.
- Replenish and rotate displays, culling several times daily, and following stocking priorities set by Produce Assistant Manager.
- Trim, wash, bundle produce, following priorities set by Produce Assistant Manager.
- Dispose of damaged or spoiled goods promptly, with appropriate notification and documentation.
- Remove trash, clean cases, and keep prep and storage areas in clean, orderly condition.
- Use equipment safely.
- Monitor cooler and walk-in temperatures and follow procedures for handling breakdowns.
- Advise Produce Assistant Manager of equipment repair and replacement needs.
- Ensure Food Safety and Organic Food Handling requirements are upheld.
- Participate in periodic inventory.
ALL STAFF DUTIES
- Attend department meetings and storewide meetings.
- Perform other tasks assigned by the Product Assistant Manager.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. regularly.
- Familiarity with, or interest in produce.
- Experience serving the public.
- Ability to stand for long periods.
- Ability to work in cold, wet conditions.
- Manual dexterity with department equipment.
- Ability to project a friendly, outgoing personality.
- Regular, predictable attendance.
River Valley Co-op is an equal opportunity employer encouraging excellence through diversity.