RVC Our Mission: River Valley Co-op staff members are all empowered ambassadors for our cooperative’s greater mission of creating a just marketplace that nourishes the community. As an organization, we are committed to social justice and developing our anti-racism skills through our diversity, equity, and inclusion program. As a team, we work to leverage grocery retail’s economic impact for positive social change in the food system, our environment, and our community. Our friendly store operations build community and grow our local economy by providing fresh, local, and seasonal products accessible to everyone in our community. Cooperative values and the larger cooperative movement inspire us, and our community-owned business values sustainability in products and practices. We work hard and have fun doing it, we act with honesty, kindness, and respect, and we strive to get better every day.
Position: PREPARED FOODS TEAM COOK
Full-time. Requires open availability, including evenings and weekends.
Status: Reports to Assistant Prepared Foods Manager
Pay Level: II, non-exempt.
Location: Easthampton, MA
Purpose: Prepare and cook deli food while providing prompt, friendly, helpful customer service to help meet department goals for sales, margin, labor, and customer service.
- Prepare dishes following the specifications of the Assistant Prepared Foods Manager and Prepared Foods Manager.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of the cost of preparing daily offerings.
- Research and develop new recipes.
- Act as a role model/ information conduit for all deli staff concerning ingredients and products used in our kitchen.
- Accurately label and date all dishes made with all ingredients every time.
- Foodbank all un-sellable products following department procedure, including the recording of shrink sheets.
- Maintain Kitchen in orderly condition following guidelines set by the Assistant Prepared Foods Manager and Prepared Foods Manager.
- Follow all food safety/cold and hot storage procedures.
- Advise Assistant Prepared Foods Manager and Prepared Foods Manager of all equipment repairs, replacements, or upgrades.
- Read, and Initial deli communication logs daily.
ALL STAFF DUTIES
- Attend department and storewide meetings.
- Perform other tasks assigned by the Assistant Prepared Foods Manager.
- Experience cooking for deli, restaurant, or catering.
- Organized attention to detail.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand for long hours, and work in close quarters with many team members.
- Ability to communicate in a positive tone with all team members and customers.
- The ability to work varied shifts beginning at 6 am and ending after 10 pm.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and an ability to cover shifts as needed.
- Neat appearance and personable attitude.
- Ability to come to work on time for scheduled shifts and accurately use a time clock.
- Ability to follow through on verbal and written instruction.
- Willingness to handle meat and seafood.
- Ability to properly operate and clean an electric meat slicer.
- Manual dexterity with all department equipment.
River Valley Co-op is an equal opportunity employer encouraging excellence through diversity.