We are seeking an experienced staff to give amazing service to our customers while coordinating our Fresh Meat and Seafood Department. Buying from local vendors, preparing raw meat, grinding meat and packaging and stocking will support this growing department.
Our ideal candidate knows how to provide the highest quality, locally sourced products with exceptional customer service. We are seeking someone with experience leading a meat department, with HACCP and Servsafe certifications and skilled at vendor, employee and customer relationships.
Our Meat Coordinator will take the lead in maintaining a well stocked meat department through strategic ordering and best buying practices while training and coaching team members on high quality standards. Our new Fresh Meat Department will be responsible for preparing raw poultry, beef, pork, lamb and seafood for retail sale following HACCP guidelines, making sausage, and preparing fresh ground meat.
Our ideal candidate
- is passionate about providing excellent customer service
- enjoys fast paced physical work environment
- has recent retail buying and leadership experience
- is HaCCP trained and certified
- has ability to lift up to 50 lbs. frequently
- is knowledgeable of natural foods with a desire to learn more
- is able to work with and safely handle fresh meat
This is a 40-hour position with benefits. Benefits include: group health insurance, optional dental and vision, profit-sharing bonus, 401k, life insurance, paid parental leave, 20% staff discount, and more.
Wage ranges from: $18.25 – $26.25 per hour depending on experience