Maintenance (Full-Time, 40 hours, Green Fields Market)
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for maintaining custodial and janitorial tasks keeping the Co-op facility in clean and orderly condition according to posted routines and unexpected conditions, and to respond to shoppers in a friendly and efficient manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
BUILDING GROUD AND MAINTENACE:
- Carry out posted cleaning responsibilities (vacuuming, dusting, mopping, etc.) in timely manner, meeting agreed upon levels of performance at all three locations i.e. Green Fields Market, McCusker’s Market, and 170 Main Street.
- Maintain store proper, basement, offices, and receiving areas in good working order with cleanliness and professionalism.
- Keep all implements and equipment clean and in good repair; arrange to keep supplies well stocked. Inform Center Store Manager of cleaning supplies and other equipment needs for all three locations so they can be ordered.
- Be vigilant for unusual areas that need cleaning and communicate your observations to your supervisor.
- Oversee the organization of and keep tidy the tool areas and cleaning closet.
- Participate in large or special cleaning projects as scheduled.
- Keep front sidewalk and rear entrance swept and free of trash.
- Ensure proper handling of store trash and recycling.
- Collaborate joint duties/communication with maintenance worker.
- Responsible for seasonal needs such as snow shoveling, salting, clearing entry and walkways, steps on Co-op property, and weeding and gardening areas of the property.
- Report maintenance or safety emergencies to the Manager or Duty or the General Manager if they are not available.
- Greet customers as they enter the market.
- Offer help to any customer who needs it, direct their questions and show them where to find what they ask for.
- Have an understanding of aisles and departments so you can direct a customer to the right person for assistance.
- Bring any problems or inquiries to the attention of manager on duty or person in charge.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL JOBS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Daily Physical Demands Include the ability to sit or stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arm, walk, climb, or balance and stoop, ability to lift and move, talk or hear, and lift at least fifty pounds. Vision ability requirements include abilities for close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Experience in retail environment.
- Demonstrated ability to follow through on commitments and to handle multiple demands.
- Demonstrated success in keeping track of details.
- Ability to write and communicate electronically via email.
- Carry items up and down stairs and work in cold /wet conditions.
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. All requests from management will be reasonable considering knowledge and abilities of employees in their job description. The employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations or the work environment change.