Cook (Full-Time, Green Fields Market)
- Maintain full understanding of weekly food production schedules and systems for food, products, and preparations.
- Maximize sales and reduce waste through duties assigned by the Kitchen Manager or Kitchen Supervisor.
- Prepare a variety of quality hot and cold recipes, for sale in our retail department; including deli case items, grab and go items, and hot bar items.
- Recommend new recipes to expand our recipe base.
- Carry out assigned purchasing responsibilities according to ordering schedule per Kitchen Manager, as needed.
- Follow record keeping procedures and recipes to meet goals of product consistency and Margin.
- Follow receiving guidelines for all incoming orders and take responsibility for proper storage label dates as needed.
- Report any problems in writing to Kitchen Manager i.e. equipment failure, safety issues, and/or sanitation problems.
- Be fully ready to assume hot bar operations and other duties or project as assigned by Kitchen Manager.
- Maintain posted delivery schedules and receiving procedures; receive produce and purveyor orders with attention to refrigeration needs.
- FIFO and rotating product.
- Maintain full compliance with health department regulations including proper cooling, handling and storage procedures.
- Maintain weekly food production schedules and systems for product waste.
- Participate in training of new staff.
- Research and recommend new products.
- Prepare and produce optimal quality of assigned range of product (deli case, grab and go, catering, hot bar, etc.)
- Follow established record-keeping procedures and recipes to meet goals of costing, product consistency, margin and labor data collection, and accurate, up-to-date records of production
- Maintain storage, display, and prep areas in clean, orderly condition in good working order; report problems areas.
- Follow established storage and labeling procedures.
- Other tasks as assigned by Kitchen Manager.
- Agree to and sign FCC recipe security agreement (at orientation with HR).
- Attend regular department all store meetings or mandatory training.
- Demonstrate optimal standards for teamwork.
- Demonstrate knowledge of our high quality product for our customer base.
- Be clear about production schedules in order to respond to customer emergencies.
- Develop how to take and process special orders for catering i.e. kitchen, deli, and bakery.
- Be willing to help service deli counter in heavy demand times when available.
- Maintain work station and kitchen are as well as storage and walk-in areas, Keep in a sanitary and orderly condition, clean up spills, remove trash and compost, sweep and mop as needed.
- Participation in cooperative dishwashing.
- Reporting any problems to Kitchen Manager i.e. equipment needed to be replaced or repaired, safety issues, or sanitation problems.
- Maintain full compliance with health department regulations including proper cooling, handling, and storage procedures.
Applying & Following Up on Your Application:
Please use our website to apply online. Due to the high volume of applications, we only contact applicants if they are selected for further consideration. To follow up on a already filled out application or to request a paper application you may call or email the HR Department at email@example.com or by phone at 413-773-9567 x1006.
Franklin Community Cooperative’s 90-plus talented and dedicated employees are a huge part of our success as a business. We encourage a team-focused workplace that upholds our Ends Policy and Co-op Principles and we’re dedicated to providing exceptional customer service. In addition to a great work environment, we offer our employees competitive pay and benefits.
Franklin Community Co-operative is committed to ensuring that all employment practices and personnel actions including hiring, transfers, promotions, compensation, benefits, and training be without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or status as a disabled veteran.