The Neighboring Food Co-op Association includes more than 40 food co-ops and start-up initiatives across New England and New York State, locally owned by more than 168,000 people like you (Click here to view map). Together, our member co-ops generate annual revenue of over $395 million, employ 2,450 people, and sell more than $100 million in local products, averaging 25% of total sales across all member co-ops. Last year, over 14,000 people joined our member food co-ops, helping to build more healthy, just, and sustainable food system and a more inclusive economy for everyone (2021).
Our Vermont members include 11 Food Co-ops and 1 Start-Up initiative, locally owned by over 49,450 people and operating 13 storefronts (including Co-op Food Stores’ White River Junction location). Together, they employ nearly 900 people, generate over $139 million in annual revenue, and sell more than $45.6 million in local products. Last year, nearly 3,700 people in Vermont joined our member co-ops in the state, sharing in the ownership of their local grocery store (2021).
For more information on your Neighboring Food Co-ops in Vermont, visit the links below.
- Brattleboro Food Co-op, Brattleboro
- Buffalo Mountain Food Co-op, Hardwick
- Caledonia Food Co-op, St. Johnsbury (Start-Up)
- City Market / Onion River Co-op, Downtown
- City Market / Onion River Co-op, South End Burlington
- Hanover Co-op Food Stores, White River Junction
- Hunger Mountain Co-op, Montpelier
- Middlebury Natural Foods Co-op, Middlebury
- Morrisville Food Co-op, Morrisville
- Plainfield Food Co-op, Plainfield
- Putney Food Co-op, Putney
- Rutland Area Food Co-op, Rutland
- Springfield Food Co-op, Springfield
- Upper Valley Food Co-op, White River Junction