The Neighboring Food Co-op Association includes more than 40 Food Co-ops and Start-ups across New England and New York State, locally owned by more than 173,000 people like you (Click here for a map of your local co-ops). Together, our co-ops generate annual revenue of over $425 million, employ 2,465 people, and sell more than $112 million in local products. On average, local products make up 25% of total sales across all NFCA member co-ops. Last year, over 12,690 people joined our member food co-ops, helping to build more healthy, just, and sustainable food system and a more inclusive economy for everyone (2022).
Our Vermont members include 11 Food Co-ops and 1 Start-Up, locally owned by over 50,000 people and operating 13 storefronts (including Co-op Food Stores’ White River Junction location). Together, they employ 940 people, generate over $147 million in annual revenue, and sell more than $51 million in local products. Last year, 2,200 people joined our member co-ops in Vermont, sharing in the ownership of their local grocery store (2022).
For more information on your Neighboring Food Co-ops in Vermont, visit the links below.
- Brattleboro Food Co-op, Brattleboro
- Buffalo Mountain Food Co-op, Hardwick
- Caledonia Food Co-op, St. Johnsbury (Start-Up)
- City Market / Onion River Co-op, Downtown
- City Market / Onion River Co-op, South End Burlington
- Hanover Co-op Food Stores, White River Junction
- Hunger Mountain Co-op, Montpelier
- Middlebury Natural Foods Co-op, Middlebury
- Morrisville Food Co-op, Morrisville
- Plainfield Food Co-op, Plainfield
- Putney Food Co-op, Putney
- Rutland Area Food Co-op, Rutland
- Springfield Food Co-op, Springfield
- Upper Valley Food Co-op, White River Junction