The Neighboring Food Co-op Association includes more than 40 Food Co-ops and Start-ups across New England and New York State, locally owned by more than 173,000 people like you (Click here for a map of your local co-ops). Together, our co-ops generate annual revenue of over $425 million, employ 2,465 people, and sell more than $112 million in local products. On average, local products make up 25% of total sales across all NFCA member co-ops. Last year, over 12,690 people joined our member food co-ops, helping to build more healthy, just, and sustainable food system and a more inclusive economy for everyone (2022).
Our New York members include 5 Food Co-ops and 4 Start-Ups, locally owned by over 24,735 members and operating 6 storefronts. Together, they employ more than 255 people, generate nearly $44.4 million in annual revenue, and sell more than $8.7 million in local products. Last year, over 2,280 people joined our member co-ops in New York State, sharing in the ownership of their local grocery store (2022).
For more information your Neighboring Food Co-ops in New York, visit the
- Cambridge Food Co-op, Cambridge, NY
- Electric City Food Co-op, Schenectady, NY (Startup)
- Flatbush Food Co-op, Brooklyn, NY
- GreenStar Co-op Markets, Ithaca, NY
- High Falls Food Co-op, High Falls, NY (Joined 2021)
- Kingston Food Co-op, Kingston, NY (Startup)
- Newburgh Co-op Market, Newburgh, NY (Startup)
- Port Jervis Food Co-op, Port Jervis, NY (Startup)