The Neighboring Food Co-op Association includes more than 35 food co-ops and start-up initiatives across New England and New York State, locally owned by more than 152,000 people like you (Click here to view map). Together, our member co-ops generate annual revenue of almost $347 million, employ over 2,350 people, and sell more than $93 million in local products. Last year, 12,000 people joined their local food co-op, helping to build more healthy, just, and sustainable food system and a more inclusive economy for everyone (2019).
Our New York members include 3 food co-ops and 2 startup initiatives, locally owned by over 21,600 members and operating 5 storefronts. Together, they employ more than 240 people, generate over $40.6 million in annual revenue, and sell more than $8.2 million in local products. Last year, 690 people in New York State joined their local food co-ops, sharing in the ownership of their local grocery store (2019).
For more information your Neighboring Food Co-ops in New York, visit the
- Cambridge Food Co-op, Cambridge, NY
- Electric City Food Co-op, Schenectady, NY (Startup)
- Flatbush Food Co-op, Brooklyn, NY
- GreenStar Co-op Markets, Ithaca, NY
- High Falls Food Co-op, High Falls, NY (Joined 2021)
- Kingston Food Co-op, Kingston, NY (Startup)
- Newburgh Co-op Market, Newburgh, NY (Startup)