High Falls Food Co-op
PRODUCE ASSISTANT MANAGER
To stock and display fresh produce while giving prompt, friendly, helpful customer service to help meet departmental goals for sales, margin, labor and customer service. To support Produce manager in purchasing and merchandising. To price accurately according to established systems.
Non-exempt, half- to full-time position
Reports to the Produce Manager
PAY LEVEL: II
- Replenish and rotate displays, spritzing and culling several times a day, following stocking guidelines set by Produce Manager.
- Trim, wash, bundle produce following priorities set by Produce Manager.
- Double-check for accurate signs and prices. Make signs if needed according to established marketing guidelines.
- Attend department and storewide meetings.
- Cover Produce Manager shifts when out of the store, to include ordering, receiving, storing, and pricing.
- Dispose of damaged or spoiled goods promptly with appropriate notice to Produce Manager.
- Remove trash, clean cases, and keep prep and storage areas in clean, orderly condition.
- Use equipment safely. Monitor cooler and walk-in temperatures and follow procedures for handling breakdowns. Advise Produce Manager of equipment repair and replacement needs.
- Participate in quarterly inventory.
- Provide friendly and efficient customer service to all customers, even if not in produce department.
- Assist customers with produce questions and special orders.
- Offer samples and suggestions for purchase and preparation.
- Provide product information and educational materials to customer and staff.
Attention to detail
Ability and willingness to learn and grow within the job
Good organizational skills, demonstrated ability to handle multiple demands
Good communication skills, both verbal and written, clear instructions
Self-starter, demonstrated ability to follow through on commitments
Willing to be a team player
Ability to work inside of a refrigerator
Ability to stand for long periods of time
Ability to work in wet and cold conditions
Manual dexterity with knives and other potentially hazardous equipment
Ability to lift 50(+) lbs.
Familiarity with natural and organic foods, especially produce
Knowledge of co-ops and member owned organizations