RVC Our Mission: River Valley Co-op staff members are all empowered ambassadors for our cooperative’s greater mission of creating a just marketplace that nourishes the community. As an organization, we are committed to social justice and developing our anti-racism skills through our diversity, equity, and inclusion program. As a team, we work to leverage grocery retail’s economic impact for positive social change in the food system, our environment, and our community. Our friendly store operations build community and grow our local economy by providing fresh, local, and seasonal products accessible to everyone in our community. Cooperative values and the larger cooperative movement inspire us, and our community-owned business values sustainability in products and practices. We work hard and have fun doing it, we act with honesty, kindness, and respect, and we strive to get better every day.
Position: PREPARED FOODS TEAM MEMBER
Full-time. Requires open availability, including evenings and weekends.
Status: Reports to Prepared Foods Assistant Manager
Pay Level: II, non-exempt.
Location: Easthampton, MA
Purpose: To maintain drip coffee, prepare smoothies, fresh juice, and espresso to order, slice meat and cheese to order, make hot and cold sandwiches to order, while providing prompt, friendly, helpful customer service to help meet department goals for sales, margin, labor and customer service.
- Maintain par levels for all items to be used throughout your shift
- Maintain all service ware for in-house and to-go beverages.
- Communicate product needs and ideas to the Prepared Foods Assistant Manager and Executive Chef.
- Follow all opening and closing procedures as directed by the Prepared Foods Assistant Manager and Executive Chef.
- Maintain correct signage for all products in the case with correct ingredients, dates, and prices.
- Slice to order specialty meats and cheeses; make hot and cold sandwiches to order; prepare drink offerings following standardized department procedures.
- Provide outstanding customer service with pride and genuine care for our customers and our product.
- Act as a role model/ information conduit for our customers concerning ingredients and products used in our deli.
- Maintain and use all equipment following guidelines set by Prepared Foods Assistant Manager and Executive Chef.
- Clean up spills, sweep, and mop, polish work areas, sort and take out the trash, and recycling daily.
- Follow all food safety/cold and hot storage procedures.
- Advise Prepared Foods Assistant Manager and Executive Chef of all equipment repairs, replacements, or upgrades.
- Read, and Initial deli communication logs daily.
- Attend and participate in storewide and departmental team meetings as scheduled.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of the cost of preparing daily specials.
- Research and develop new recipes for the made-to-order bar.
ALL STAFF DUTIES
- Attend department meetings.
- Perform other tasks assigned by the Prepared Foods Assistant Manager.
- Organized attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand for long hours, and work in close quarters with many team members.
- Ability to communicate in a positive tone with all team members and customers.
- Ability to work varied shifts beginning at 7 am ending after 10 pm.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and an ability to cover shifts as needed.
- Neat appearance and personable attitude.
- Ability to come to work on time for scheduled shifts and accurately use a time clock.
- Willingness to handle meat and seafood.
- Ability to follow through on verbal and written instruction.
- Ability to properly operate and clean an electric meat slicer.
- Manual dexterity with department equipment.
River Valley Co-op is an equal opportunity employer encouraging excellence through diversity.