RVC Our Mission: River Valley Co-op staff members are all empowered ambassadors for our cooperative’s greater mission of creating a just marketplace that nourishes the community. As an organization, we are committed to social justice and developing our anti-racism skills through our diversity, equity, and inclusion program. As a team, we work to leverage grocery retail’s economic impact for positive social change in the food system, our environment, and our community. Our friendly store operations build community and grow our local economy by providing fresh, local, and seasonal products accessible to everyone in our community. Cooperative values and the larger cooperative movement inspire us, and our community-owned business values sustainability in products and practices. We work hard and have fun doing it, we act with honesty, kindness, and respect, and we strive to get better every day.
Position: PREPARED FOODS TEAM BAKER
Full-time. Requires open availability, including evenings and weekends.
Status: Reports to Prepared Foods Team Kitchen Leader
Pay Level: II, non-exempt.
Location: Northampton, MA
Purpose: Bake tasty and natural baked goods, provide helpful customer service, and build displays to help meet department goals for sales, margin, labor, and customer service.
- Mix and bake a varied assortment including cookies, scones, muffins, ring cakes, layer cakes, coffee cakes, bars, and pies as directed by the Prepared Foods Team Leader.
- Plan and maintain attractive, fully stocked Service and Grab and Go dessert sections.
- Plan and maintain appropriate cross merchandise pairings with our seasonal deli fare.
- Visit other stores for comparison on price, display, and variety.
- Provide product information for customers, staff, and newsletter.
- Provide assistance for special orders, and always provide prompt, friendly, and respectful customer service to all customers.
- Record waste using proper shrink sheets.
- Clean up spills, sweep, and mop, polish the work area.
- Maintain department cleanliness and functionality.
- Participate in all inventory counts.
- Maintain department tools and equipment to proper working order.
- Read, and initial deli communication logs daily.
ALL STAFF DUTIES
- Attend and participate in storewide and departmental team meetings as scheduled.
- Perform other tasks assigned by Prepared Foods Team Leader.
- Organized, attention to detail.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Manual dexterity with department equipment.
- Ability to stand for long periods and work in close quarters with many team members.
- Ability to communicate in a positive tone with all team members and customers.
- Ability to work varied shifts beginning at 4 am ending after 10 pm.
- Neat appearance and personable attitude.
- Ability to come to work on time for scheduled shifts and accurately use a time clock.
- Ability to follow through on verbal and written instruction.
- Ability to follow through on commitments while handling multiple demands.
River Valley Co-op is an equal opportunity employer encouraging excellence through diversity.