High Falls Food Co-op
FRONT END TEAM MEMBER
The front end team is integral in the smooth operation of the Co-op. Front end team members are the first and last contact a member or customer has when shopping at the co-op. Team members provide friendly, prompt, helpful and accurate customer service, both externally (with our customers) and internally (with your co-workers).
Non-exempt, part-to-full-time position.
Reports to Cashier Supervisor.
PAY LEVEL: I
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Greet customers in a friendly, welcoming, and courteous manner.
- Provide a friendly, accurate, and memorable check-out experience.
- Ring bell for a backup cashier in a timely manner, keeping customer wait time to a minimum.
- Process purchases promptly and accurately using current POS system.
- Complete front end daily task list.
- Stock and/or front product in all departments as needed, according to stocking guidelines.
- As directed by Cashier Supervisor, assist other departments with requested tasks.
- Understand what makes a co-op different.
- Be familiar with and able to explain membership simply, efficiently, and completely.
- Understand both new and existing front end and store policies, standards, and procedures.
- Keep informed of operations by regularly using all forms of communication, including but not limited to whiteboard, huddle notebook, emails, and mailbox communications.
- Answer phones as needed and take messages for staff.
- Communicate with Cashier Supervisor and department managers as needed.
Excellent customer service skills
Basic computer knowledge
Knowledge of and/or willingness to learn about natural foods
Good communication skills, both verbal and written
Good listening skills
Ability to learn and retain new information
Flexibility to work different shifts, including nights and weekends
Work well under pressure
Sense of urgency particularly during busy times
Sense of humor
Basic cash-handling and math skills
Ability to be on your feet the majority of the work day
Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Ability to use hands for keyboard
Ability to bend, squat, reach on an occasional basis