RVC Our Mission: River Valley Co-op staff members are all empowered ambassadors for our cooperative’s greater mission of creating a just marketplace that nourishes the community. As an organization, we are committed to social justice and developing our anti-racism skills through our diversity, equity, and inclusion program. As a team, we work to leverage grocery retail’s economic impact for positive social change in the food system, our environment, and our community. Our friendly store operations build community and grow our local economy by providing fresh, local, and seasonal products accessible to everyone in our community. Cooperative values and the larger cooperative movement inspire us, and our community-owned business values sustainability in products and practices. We work hard and have fun doing it, we act with honesty, kindness, and respect, and we strive to get better every day.
Position: FLORAL TEAM MEMBER SEASONAL
Seasonal. Requires open availability, including evenings and weekends.
Status: Reports to Produce Manager
Pay Level: I, non-exempt.
Location: Northampton, MA
Purpose: To assist the floral department in maintaining healthy happy plants while providing prompt, friendly, helpful customer service.
- Assist customers with product questions.
- Offer suggestions for the purchase in a friendly, courteous manner.
- Receive floral deliveries; check for damage, quality, and accuracy.
- Maintain floral displays; trim, hydrate, and display fresh cut flowers; water and maintain outdoor plant starts; water and maintain indoor houseplants.
- Ensure accurate pricing and signage of products.
ALL STAFF DUTIES
- Attend department and storewide meetings.
- Perform other tasks assigned by the Produce Manager.
- Familiarity/knowledge and experience with floral and plants.
- The ability to lift 40 pounds continuously.
- Ability and willingness to work in hot/dry/wet and cold/dry/wet conditions; both inside and outside.
- Ability to self-supervise and make decisions when needed.
- Ability to stand for a long period.
- Ability to project a friendly, outgoing personality.
- Experience serving the public.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Regular, predictable attendance.
River Valley Co-op is an equal opportunity employer encouraging excellence through diversity.