Floor Manager, Full Time, 40 hours, Exempt
JOB SUMMARY: Ensure operations and store readiness are in place to promote an efficient and well-run store, ensuring clear channels of communication between and within departments, promote safety, provide supervisory and other coverage as needed, and maintain and improve customer service standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- General Duties
- Act in a customer support role and assist departments with coverage and attention. Ensure appropriate signage is placed and shelves are fronted for the next day.
- Support management in ensuring grounds are clean, snow is removed, that lighting, heating, cooling, refrigeration units, pest control services are maintained, and health department standards are met.
- Ensure waste management procedures are practiced by maintenance worker as well as within departments.
- Maintain adequate store cleaning supplies, equipment, and office supplies.
- Ensure safety, security, timely receiving, and invoicing in the receiving room. Distribute deliveries and ensure receiving room is ready for orders the next day.
- Ensure that staff meets store safety, policies, and procedures as outlined in the safety manual and staff handbook.
- Schedule PIC shifts to ensure constant coverage during operating hours.
- Perform PIC shifts on nights and weekends i.e. handling customer concerns and complaints, customer and staff incidents, troubleshooting equipment break downs, and take equipment temperatures in the absence of coverage.
- Administrative Duties
- Assist management in organizational, financial, strategic planning in both short and long term capacities.
- Attend managers meetings, admin meetings, and other special projects meetings regularly.
- Communicate concerns that customers and staff have to the appropriate parties in a timely manner.
- Assist in processing permits, licensing, and other legal documentation procedures.
- Administer and assist sale changes and quarter inventory counts as needed.
- Special projects as assigned by the General Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Retail merchandising and natural food experience preferred.
- High-level and proven positive communication skills and customer service abilities.
- Familiarity with financial statements, budget, COGS, and a firm grasp of margin and pricing.
- Computer and spreadsheet literacy.
- Demonstrates calmness and decision making under pressure.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities.
- Experience developing systems and procedures with follow through and results.
- Knowledge of operations and finance.
- At least 1-3 years supervisory experience.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL JOBS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Daily Physical Demands Include the ability to sit or stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arm, walk, climb, or balance and stoop, ability to lift and move, talk or hear, and lift at least fifty pounds. Vision ability requirements include abilities for close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational
factors and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. All requests from management will be reasonable considering knowledge and abilities of employees in their job description. The employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations or the work environment change.