Deli Clerk (Full-time, 40 hours, Green Fields Market)
JOB SUMMARY: To prepare sandwiches to order, serve prepared food and baked goods from deli and bakery counters, slice all meats, cheese, and vegetables for production and sales, and to provide prompt and friendly customer service to ensure the department meets goals for sales, margin, labor costs and customer service.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop full understanding of bakery and deli production schedules, range of offerings and ingredients in order to answer customer questions.
- Learn and follow safe and effective operations of all department equipment.
- Learn and follow safety, food storage and food labeling procedures.
- Maintain full compliance with health department regulations with ServSafe preferred. Stock display cases regularly and fully to give feeling of abundances; ensure correct signage in attractive, clean condition.
- Follow established methods of making sandwiches and serving prepared foods and bakery goods to meet goals of consistency, margin and customer service.
- Prepare coffee and maintain drink counter in clean, organized, and fully stocked condition.
- Offer tastings, samples and suggestions for purchase and ways to prepare products.
- Rotate deli items and keep batches separated by date to ensure freshness.
- Label or sign items with price and ingredients where appropriate.
- Attend regular department meetings.
- Demonstrate optimal standards for teamwork with staff.
- Prepared orders for McCusker’s Market and catering.
- Abide by all Co-op policies and procedures as specified in the FCC Employee Handbook.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Exceed our customers’ expectations for service and provide a welcoming environment for all in accordance with the Co-op’s customer service standards.
- Demonstrate knowledge of optimal service standards and meet the Co-ops standards.
- Be clear about production schedules in order to respond to customers inquires as well as developing a understanding of McCusker’s ordering.
- Develop familiarity with special order systems.
- Communicate with other department staff (cashiers, cooks, bakers) regarding particular customer needs.
- Maintain storage, display, and prep area in sanitary and orderly condition and good working order, following guidelines set by Manager; report problems areas.
- Participate cooperation with dishwashing.
- Clean up spills and remove trash promptly; sweep and mop as needed.
- Restock full range of supplies as needed.
- Notify Manager of equipment repair and/or replacement needs.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL JOBS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Daily Physical Demands Include the ability to sit or stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arm, walk, climb, or balance and stoop, ability to lift and move, talk or hear, and lift at least fifty pounds. Vision ability requirements include abilities for close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational
factors and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. All requests from management will be reasonable considering knowledge and abilities of employees in their job description. The employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations or the work environment change.