It’s Co-op Month: time to show off your Co-op Pride with our Co-op Month Photo Competition for NFCA Marketing & Merchandizing Staff!
This competition for NFCA Co-op Marketing Staff runs the whole month of October with a different promo for each week. The goal: to engage and excite our members and shoppers by visually demonstrating in our stores our Co-operative Values, Co-op Difference, and how Co-ops are “By the Community, For the Community.” There will be a winner announced for each of the 4 categories on the Saturday of each week, with co-op swag prizes. For some inspiration, check out the Co-op Month Photo Competition Winners!
- Create displays/gather staff/carve a pumpkin in your co-op using the week’s theme.
- Take a photograph of the theme and…
- Post the photo to your Co-op’s Facebook account. In the photo’s description, say what the item is and tag it with #NeighborCoops and #CoopMonth so it can be counted.
- All photos must be posted for that week by Friday at midnight.
- After the week ends, Neighboring Food Co-op Association staff will announce a winner and post on NFCA social media.
- Week 1: Co-op End Cap/Co-op Shelf Promo: Photo of an End Cap, floor display, or shelf demonstrating co-op difference and promoting other Co-ops in the food system. Could include language/display demonstrating the co-op difference and promoting other Co-ops in the food system. Could use “Co-ops: By the Community, For the Community” co-op month theme or NFCA information.
- Post by: Friday, October 4th by Close of Business (5:00pm EST)
- Week 2: Co-ops: By the Community, For the Community:
Photos demonstrating the 2019 Co-op Month theme of “Co-ops: By the Community, For the Community.” Demonstrate how your Co-op supports your community (Round up, food shelf, Community Dinners, etc.) or how the community supports your co-op (Member loan campaigns, events, etc.)
- Post by: Friday, October 11th by Close of Business (5:00pm EST)
- Week 3: Co-op Pride Staff Photo: Staff Photo of Co-op Staff sporting their Co-op Pride/demonstrating co-op difference. Could include NFCA temporary tattoo, buttons, or bumperstickers or info cards.
- Post by: Friday, October 18th by Close of Business (5:00pm EST)
- Week 4: Co-op Jack-0′-Lantern/Pumpkin Display: Pumpkin Carved or pumpkin display with Co-op Month Theme/Co-ops Rock/your Co-op logo/name, etc.
Much thanks and appreciation to our sponsors for participating by providing the prizes!:
Awesome Co-op swag from these sponsoring Co-op Producers AND recognition of your co-op’s awesomeness on NFCA social media!
Week 1 Winner: Co-op End Cap/Co-op Shelf Promo: Middlebury Natural Foods Co-op
Middlebury Natural Foods Co-op‘s fabulous #GoCoop display showcases many products made by co-ops! We spy products from Cabot Creamery Co-operative, La Riojana Cooperativa, Blue Diamond Almonds, Real Pickles and Simply Organic.
Week 2 Winner: Co-ops: By the Community, For the Community: Springfield Food Co-op
Springfield Food Co-op’s photos of how their Co-op commits to their community includes their Community Roots Outreach Projects’ team works to connect to our greater community through programs that help fight food insecurity, fund non-profit organizations, and benefit the financial and social health of our members, shoppers, and beyond.
Week 3: Co-op Pride Staff Photo: Monadnock Food Co-op
The staff at Monadnock Food Co-op love to show off their Co-op Pride every day…and especially during Co-op Month. “Happy Co-op Month, y’all!”
Week 4: Co-op Jack-0′-Lantern/Pumpkin Display:
Week 1 Winner: Co-op End Cap: Middlebury Natural Foods Co-op
Week 2 Winner: Co-op Shelf Promo: Brattleboro Food Co-op
Week 4 Winner: Co-op Jack-0′-Lantern: Rutland Area Food Co-op
Rutland Area Food Co-op’s Jack-o’-Lantern: “We See the Future”: “You look at our co-ops throughout Vermont, through the US, and throughout the world, and you see people banding together, working to save our planet, making sure everyone gets a fair wage for the work they do, and helping individuals get their chance to find and take advantage of their potential. WE See The Future, not one entity, but a group of people, businesses, communities sharing with each other their own experiences, and finding ways to better ourselves and our world.”
Thank You to our Producer Co-ops partners for providing our prizes last year!