The Neighboring Food Co-op Association includes more than 35 food co-ops and start-up initiatives across New England and New York State, locally owned by more than 152,000 people like you (Click here to view map). Together, our member co-ops generate annual revenue of almost $347 million, employ over 2,350 people, and sell more than $93 million in local products. Last year, 12,000 people joined their local food co-op, helping to build more healthy, just, and sustainable food system and a more inclusive economy for everyone (2019).
Our Massachusetts members include 6 food co-ops and 4 startup initiatives, locally owned by over 21,800 members. Together, they employ more than 90 people, generate over $47.7 million in annual revenue, and sell more than $12 million in local products. Last year, more than 3,000 people in Massachusetts joined their local food co-op, sharing in the ownership of their local grocery store (2019).
For more information on your Neighboring Food Co-ops in Massachusetts, visit the links below:
- Assabet Village Co-op Market, Maynard (Start-Up)
- Common Share Food Co-op, Amherst (Start-Up)
- Dorchester Community Food Co-op, Dorchester (Start-Up)
- Green Fields Co-op Market (Franklin Community Co-op), Greenfield
- Leverett Village Food Co-op, Leverett
- McCusker’s Co-op Market (Franklin Community Co-op), Shelburne Falls
- Merrimack Valley Food Co-op, Haverhill (Start-Up)
- Old Creamery Co-op, Cummington
- Quabbin Harvest Food Co-op, Orange
- River Valley Co-op Market, Northampton
- Wild Oats Co-op Market, Williamstown